Membership in the California Hospice and Palliative Care Association has its rewards!
Information to grow personally, professionally, and to grow your business
- Trendsetter - is CHAPCA's monthly e-newsletter, which provides up-to-date news on what's happening in hospice and palliative care around the state and in the nation.
- QuickLink - is CHAPCA's weekly regulatory e-newsletter that arrives on your computer desktop every Tuesday afternoon with breaking news on subjects that affect the future of Hospice and Palliative Care
- Technical assistance - CHAPCA staff and leaders help provider members thrive in a highly competitive environment through a variety of services. Experienced staff and colleagues are available to support members with difficult issues such as Medicare reimbursement, staffing mandates, preparation for accreditation reviews, starting a hospice program and more. In addition, CHAPCA's regulatory and marketing publications such as the Side by Side Regulatory Comparison are invaluable tools for every administrator and manager.
- Patient Referrals - Provider members of CHAPCA are included in the searchable database list on CHAPCA's website, and on the website for the California Hospice Foundation (CHF). Patient referrals to CHAPCA member organizations are given by staff to the thousands of people who contact CHF's toll free helpline each year to find a hospice care provider in their area. The helpline number is (888) 252-1010.
- Job Referral - is a free service. Potential staff from throughout California and Nevada call the office regarding job openings. We refer to all member providers in their area of interest.
- Discounts - Membership means savings on advertising in CHAPCA newsletters, discounts on educational conferences and workshops, and cost savings on all CHAPCA printed materials.
Education to keep you current on the latest developments in hospice and palliative care
- Quality Workshops - cover a wide variety of issues, such as compliance and reimbursement, clinical, psychosocial, bereavement, volunteer and administrative topics, and are offered in a variety of formats.
- Annual Conference - a highly anticipated three day educational event including nationally known speakers, a large exhibit hall with time for networking and social activities to help you relax.
- CEU Credit - Most programs offer continuing education credit toward your professional license renewal.
Advocacy to advance end-of-life care
- Legislative Advocacy - CHAPCA monitors legislative and regulatory activities, and sponsors new legislation to benefit hospice, palliative care programs and their patients.
- Representation - Direct representation of hospice interests with the Centers for Medicare and Medicaid Services, the Department of Health Services, the Department of Social Services, Medi-Cal and fiscal intermediaries.
Networking with your peers
- Hospice and Palliative Care Community - CHAPCA offers a forum for networking and peer support through regular meetings in each of CHAPCA's 10 geographic regions.